NOW HIRING – SENIOR PRECONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Chief Estimator)
Scorpio is seeking an experienced Senior Preconstruction Manager to be based in the Orlando, Jacksonville or Gainesville market. The focus of this position is on producing quality, detailed preconstruction deliverables from proven processes, systems, standards, and guidelines. It is also centered on establishing and growing relationships with subcontractors, design and engineering consultants and other project stakeholders. Consistent, error-free work is a key measure of job performance success. This position is designed for an experienced and valued team member, who is recognized and supported by a committed management and administrative team.
- Management of estimating team in prioritizing work product/assignments for entire project team.
- Lead delivery and presentation of project deliverables for internal and external review meetings.
- Lead value engineering efforts with project stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Team Leaders for responses to RFPs and presentations.
- Conceptual estimating from early feasibility and schematic level documentation.
- Working relationships with clients, design and trade professionals.
- Management of multiple large estimates simultaneously.
- Manage and assign tasks to preconstruction team members.
- Creation and presentation of Conceptual cost models for CM pursuits.
- Active participation in client / design team estimate reviews. Ability to communicate the details of the project through the estimate deliverable.
- Generation and management of overall project estimates for major deliverables from first estimate to final report.
- Monitor and report changes in document revisions from a scope and quantity perspective.
- Understands and fully embraces roles in Scorpio Processes (Know the Job, 6S Process)
- Communication and collaboration with 6S teams
- Center point for communication with design teams (preconstruction RFI’s)
- Include Constructability and Document Review items in estimate
- Management of Bidding Documents to Submarkets
- Complete assemblies of full bid packages after review:
- Bid Forms
- Site Logistics
- Drafting of Invitations and Notices to Bidders
- Accurate detailed quantity takeoffs for use in supporting project estimates.
- Maintain and update Estimating Database of historical unit costs.
- Generation of presentation-worthy estimate reports.
- Assist operations in cost analysis when requested.
- 7+ years in the construction industry, with at least 5 years focused on Estimating.
- 4-year degree in a related field.
- Proficient in Estimating tools utilized by Scorpio (Sage Estimating, Procore, E-Takeoff, Bluebeam, Revit/Navisworks)
- Ability to manage estimates in both Hard Bid and Negotiated situations.
- Experience in CM conceptual through 100% CD estimating, and competitive bid work.
- Solid understanding of general unit costs.
- Entrepreneurial spirit of owning and having accountability for project assignments
- Experience in Commercial Construction, specifically Higher Education, Healthcare, K-12, and Government projects. Multi-family project experience is a plus.
Please submit your resume to Katie Kiester, Talent Manager at Katie@scorpioco.com.