NOW HIRING – ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER – ORLANDO, FL
Scorpio is a devoted and seasoned team of construction professionals who build to enliven communities and beautify cities. From project inception to completion, we seek the most effective, sustainable solutions to construction challenges. We work to ensure that every building brings enduring benefit to the people who use them.
We are seeking an Associate Project Manager who will play a critical role in project success by providing support to the project manager on all construction efforts on their assigned project. The pace of the work is faster than average and requires technical problem solving and ingenuity. The position provides professional growth opportunities for someone who is trustworthy, demonstrates a sense of urgency and assures consistent achievement of quality standards.
As an Associate Project Manager, your primary responsibility will involve assisting the project team in ensuring that your assigned project adheres to the established project schedule, stays within the designated budget, and is constructed safely while aligning with the project’s design specifications.
- Provide assistance to the project manager in the procurement, coordination, and execution of construction projects
- Assist in managing all aspects of the projects including profitability, schedule adherence, conformance to specs and drawings and ensuring high-quality results utilizing proven processes, systems, standards, and guidelines
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants and subcontractors with thorough communication and precise planning
- Contribute to the process of writing and managing all contracts with trade partners
- Assist in ensuring the project schedule is executed effectively and efficiently
- Help ensure project stays within budget
- Contribute to the fostering of a collaborative working environment with design team and subcontractor(s) to ensure timely resolution of field conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture, or related field from an accredited university
- 1-3 years of experience in construction project management strongly preferred
- Computer literate with excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented
Please submit your resume to Katie Kiester, Talent Manager at Katie@scorpioco.com.